Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Life with a newborn

Wow..well where to start?

Jesse had his last day of school EVER! :) He graduated with his Masters in Business Administration. Couldn't be more proud of him, such a smart man I married! He worked so hard those last nine months with school AND dealing with his pregnant wife the whole time..and living basically off our savings. They had the whole graduation ceremony thing the beginning of May but still had school till June 1st. Jesse decided he didn’t really care to go since his family was out of town and I went to his bachelors graduation so there was no need-and I don’t think we missed out on much..

So on Friday June 1st we packed all morning and moved out and said goodbye to Logan. I really do love Logan it’s such a pretty place and I wouldn’t mind living there but it’s just hard with family living in Kaysville. As you know we drove down I think at least once a week. We slept at Jesse’s parent’s house then unpacked everything on Saturday. And slowly have been getting everything organized.

Jesse started work on Monday June 4th at his new job working at Camping World in Draper as a Sales Manger. Yes, I said Draper. Jesse wanted to still live in Kaysville so we could be close to family for me and the babe. Selfless man he is. It is quite the change for us for him to be gone such long hours of the day. Leaving about 8 am and getting home between 6-8pm. But he is enjoying the new job so far and it will be good for our little family!

Now on to Corbin...he is just learning how to live life here! It's been kind of a rough start. We have our good days and bad days...or I should say there are the days where no sleep catches up real quick-so exhaustion mixed with hormones makes you feel a bit overwhelmed. But then once I sneak a nap in or get more than 2 hours of sleep at night I don't think it’s all that bad. He likes to eat about every 1.5 hours and I am lucky to have him go 2. He has been taking about 45 minutes to feed and then by the time I change him and get settled I feel like it is just about time to get up and do it all over again. But that’s just how some newborns are right? He is also one that spits up quite frequently which just makes me worried that there is that much less in his belly. But I just learned that maybe he is not getting a full belly because he gets too tired before he is done eating and that could be the reason why he wants to eat so frequently…so I am beginning to try new things out to see if something helps. He is only a little over 2 weeks old so we have to give us both time to figure each other out.

I can honestly say I don't feel overwhelmed for the most part because I knew this is what it could/would be like…and I have good family support to help me out! And I hope it doesn’t come off as complaining because he really is a good baby and I am enjoying it! But of course being a parent is hard work. But also being a mother to my sweet little boy is one of the greatest things! We sure do love him and feel blessed to be his parents! One of the hardest things for Jesse and I have been when you have that helpless feeling of not knowing what they want or if something is wrong or if they are in pain-but that just comes with being a parent...

And here are some pictures from these past 2 weeks from my phone...not the best of pictures but I have not been good at taking pictures, hopefully I will get better at it. He just looks so much cuter next to me than in a picture. ;) And he tends to look different in every pictures to me. But I do think he looks likes the sweestest baby boy when he sleeps so I tend to take pictures then! :)
looks quite relaxed after a feeding
It's hard to catch his quick smiles
He does this face quite often
Forcing a smile...
Relaxin on daddy
Hangin by the pool...Soon enough we will be in the pool! :)
Cousins...Garrett apparently plumped up in these last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment