Friday, April 19, 2013

update on life lately..

I am slacking on my "journaling" and thought I should do an update on life...but really there is not much to update on. But I thought if I sat down (during Corbin's nap) and maybe thought about it more I could find a few things to write about. I try to do little updates on us (Jesse and I) since I have been pretty good about doing monthly updates on Corbin! So, this will just be boring nonsense blabbering on...
Well, with Jesse of course he is busy working..thats basically his life right now. They recently switched back to the "summer" hours which means on days he closes the earliest he gets off is 7. Makes for long days for Corbin and I..and I feel bad when I have to put Corbin down for the night before Jesse even home. He is enjoying his job as a sales manager though and definitely works hard for our family! His days off are still Thursdays and now that the weather is getting a little better hopefully we can do some fun things together..if not Jesse enjoys relaxing at home. (and not doing yard work).
As far as updates on me right now in life...well I just noticed that my marathon is now less than a month away. Oh boy. I must say though that this training has been not as dreadful as last marathon training and I don't know if it's because I have already ran the distance so every time we do longer runs its not the longest I have ever run..so it doesn't seem as bad? Or maybe I am in better shape this time? It definitely was a lot harder getting back into shape after having Corbin..went from barely being able to run a block or two without dying to last Saturday we ran 20 miles..(well we didn't run the whole time) I know I do weigh less which I can tell a difference and am happy about. And I have been trying to eat healthier so that could help with running as well? It's funny because I usually only run once a week on Saturdays. Sounds like good training huh? But now that the weather is a bit nicer I maybe will run one other time during the week. I do workout videos though so that at least gets my heart rate up! I am enjoying running with my Mom and friend Ran. That is what keeps me running! :) With those long runs we definitely have to find things to talk about! I still have not put any music back on my i pod...I better before the race comes.
Christopher, my Mom, and I after a run one saturday together.
I also have been playing soccer around twice a week..on a womens league in Kaysville and coed in Woods Cross. It feels so good to play. So happy that I am able to still play and enjoy it! Thanks so Jesse for allowing me to go play and watching Corbin..well I usually put him to sleep before I leave. :)
So, I have been trying to work on my craftiness side..or homemaking skills I would like to call it. ha! (sounds a little more mommyish.. (; ) If I am going to do a craft it has to be fairly easy and not too time consuming because it usually has to happen when Corbin is sleeping...and I don't want it to cost too much because most the time I end up not liking it and wasting money then. ha! And I usually figure out that they don't turn out how you imagine them but you have to at least start somewhere and try..

A while back my mom was starting to make a quilt for my nephews birthday and she made me think that I  could possible make one as well for Corbin's crib. I am not a sewer at all so I had no idea what I was doing (I was happy if I was able to sew a straight line). So it was kind of a big step to take on a project like a puff quilt but I did it with my mom helping me with each step. I must say I felt accomplished after it was done and never would of thought I would have been able to...and possible even kind of enjoy it...
It's a pretty "bright" quilt I know..but I guess fun for a little boy??
I made a bed skirt and a valance for Corbin room. I stained his crib, changing table, and dresser as well because I didn't like the light oak color...that was quite the project since it was my first time using stain and I definitely learned what not to do. I have never decorated his "nursery" since we moved right when he was born and I didn't have time or energy to at our apartment we move into. I had a few safari/jungle animal type things so I decided to try to go off that theme...but slowly lost interest and didn't do a whole lot with it. (also him getting close to being one..decorating a nursery seems a bit funny to me) I also made a shadow box with some of the sentimental things like his hospital stuff and birth announcement and his blessing outfit.
valance to match the quilt..a bit cheesy I think still..Oh well.
Before
after stain
Crib with the darker stain
the shadowbox.
Well, I guess I had a little more to say then I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment