Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Thanksgiving time in Utah

I figured I should try to write about our Thanksgiving trip to Utah before we go back for Christmas. (well that didn't happen--so close to finishing this post when my phone went out of me and I couldn't get the pictures off to slowly I will try to update little things)
The kids and I decided to drive out on Saturday because my mom traditionally now just does her Thanksgiving on the Sunday before to not conflict with the split families and inlaws and everything. My Dad and Lezlee were also speaking in church that Sunday so I had two excuses to go up a little earlier than I originally thought. I knew I would drive up before Jesse no matter what since he couldn't really get any more days off besides Thursday Friday and Saturday. We spent a whole week up in Kaysville spending time with family. Courtney, Christopher, Max, and Ella were there as well. We were able to go visit our friends the Hugo's--but sadly Corbin was super grumpy that day! Getting out of our routine at home and spending too many late nights away can really cause my children to be off. And sadly since about the beginning of November Corbin's behavior has gotten worse and worse-I thought it was because we had visitors here then spending time in Utah but it has not stopped and I am beginning to worry...I worry about going back for Christmas and being there a week with late nights and lots of sugar. I just hear to keep being consistent--I just hope our relationship is not going to continue to suffer because of the constant battle we are having-it makes me sad.
Anyways we had a fun time once again spending with family. Corbin was obsessed with my moms new power wheels car and my boys love playing with all their cousins! The Jensen girls have a tradition to go out Black Friday shopping. I am not huge into fighting crowds to go shopping and I of course value my sleep but it is fun to spend the two nights in Salt Lake and have some time shopping without my kids! So I definitely got a little break from them while Jesse was ever so kind to spend his days off watching the boys--or I should say had the opportunity to have some bonding and quality time with the boys...since he doesn't really get that very often! I came back for half the day on Friday because my Dad and Lezlee got sealed in the temple and then we had a little luncheon.

No comments:

Post a Comment