Tuesday, August 14, 2018

School Starting

Well I knew it was coming..the chaos of mornings of trying to get Corbin off to school. I really do enjoy summer-yes my kids fight and sometimes they can be long days but overall I enjoy the freedom and being able to be spontaneous and do whatever we want kinda whenever we want. I don't enjoy being forced to a schedule. I like the freedom to be lazy when you want to be but be busy doing fun things all day as well. Kinda off to a rough start but isn't change always hard at the beginning? But honestly its more because of Caden and throwing off his schedule. He had a rough day yesterday because he was so thrown off with lack of sleep from being woken up. I hate waking a child up from a nap-especially when I know they would sleep a lot longer and need it. I knew at 3 months it would be getting harder cause they aren't so much in the newborn phase where they can sleep wherever/whenever. Sleep begets sleep they say..and he was not getting enough which then he slept awful at night and was up for the day at 5am. So then I become bitter towards school because it totally throws everything off. I am hoping Corbin won't come home as exhausted and grumpy as he did last year since he's a little older and now his second year of being at school all day. I have debated back and forth if he should ride the bus to school and if that would be easier for all of us..he doesn't really want to ride it but maybe once he does he won't mind it-I still would have to walk him to the bus stop so I feel like by the time I walk him to the bus stop and back its like a 20-even maybe 30 minute ordeal...but it could be better then packing all the kids in the car and getting them all out and the stroller and walking him into the school grounds..

 Corbin seemed pretty excited about school but then again he doesn't love school. Being the second day of school and he was already saying he didn't want to go..because he got in trouble this morning though. And now I just got a phone call that he has a stomach ache and wants to come home but he didn't seem like he was in too much pain and I really don't want to wake Mikaela and Caden up from their naps cause I just laid them down 20 minutes prior to him calling. Hopefully I am not rude by telling him to go back to class and see if he can last till the end of the day. I had to question him if he had a bad day though and just wanted to come home because I could see that being a possibility too since he's pretty sensitive but he said nothing happened. He now has glasses that he just got last week and he was definitely worried about how other people would react to them. He doesn't like wearing them all the time and I worry its going to be a hard transition and a fight. I am just praying no one makes fun of him to make it that much harder on him. Everyone so far says they love them and he looks so handsome so I hope he can get more confident and not worry so much about what others think. He brought home a paper his first day that they had to write down what there first day jitters were (something they were nervous about) and he wrote "people making fun of my glasses"-it kinda broke my heart because I know kids can be rude but thankfully he said no one said anything about them. I think its a blessing that he was able to get them right before the new year and start out with them!

Anyways I am kinda back to that "I'm a bit overwhelmed" stage of the transitioning right now to 4 kids I guess-its always a rollercoaster though right? But it doesn't help that I had to take Gavin to the urologist this morning to try to find some answers to why he has those "episodes" of peeing frequently and having accidents all the time for those few days and then he's back to normal. (ya know happening for over a year now..but I really do think they are less frequent) Didn't get any answers today just a list of things I need to do--like foods to avoid and eat more of, log every time he poops and what it looks like and making him try to go after each meal, and set a timer for every 90 minutes to have him pee. And I'm like seriously? I have four kids I don't pay attention to every drink he has and every time he goes the bathroom...hes pretty independent and I don't keep and eye on that stuff all day long. These last few weeks I have been hounding him (Both him and Corbin) to flush the toilet after they go...now I have to tell him not to again when he finally was getting into a better habit of flushing it after he went...seriously talk about confusing the kid. They believe he could possibly be constipated but I was initially shocked when they said that cause he poops at least twice a day if not more usually. But he still could have "hard" poop being stuck in there they say...well enough "potty" talk...hopefully we get some answers...and ones we want to hear. I did say I would much rather take other potty issues over having him have diabetes so with his blood sugars coming back normal I'm hoping thats not a possibility. It does still make me question about foods we are eating and what needs to be changed there then..seriously every time I try to stop worrying about what we are eating I then have to again-it gets exhausting not knowing what we should and shouldn't eat. So do I cut out all dairy for all of us? wheat/gluten? is citrus foods irritating? I was already wanting to cut back more on meat. I try for us to be healthy eaters and stay away from sugar and all the crap food but theres so much more to "health" then just staying away from all that junk food even though I wish it could be simple...or maybe it is and I overthink it? But with Gavin having issues and Mikaela having all of her possibly food allergy issues with eczema and throwing up how can I not think about what we should and shouldn't be eating?..I really do wish I didn't have to feel overwhelmed about it. Hopefully it will get to that or maybe its a blessing in disguise so we can have lifelong health when others don't worry and think about it as much as I do and maybe they will pay for it later. Sure hope the stress of keeping them healthy eaters pays off and makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment