Sunday, March 18, 2012

Preparing me for motherhood.

I watched my nephew Max this last week while his parent's were enjoying there time at an all inclusive resort in Mexico. I already told them one of the reasons why I was so nice to do this is because I will know I will want the favor in return someday (especially after hearing about there relaxing trip). There are a lot of places I want to go and know none of them are going to happen before our little boy is here. And I didn’t really have much to do this week since Jesse was gone as well so I wasn't too big of a sacrifice I guess...
My week was basically waking up at about 6:30 every morning. Him telling me “sun up…sun up!” or “Nana upstairs!” (Which means grandma is getting ready for work) and me groaning and acting like I was still asleep. Then making breakfast –sometimes twice- because Max is a big eater in the mornings but you can't blame him when he just woke up from sleeping 12 hours! (I definitely enjoyed that part) He is a very smart boy and knows basically every ones names-He used to always call me Jesse but I have tried to teach him either “Mar” or “Rissa”. He made sure I took care of the dog that he always had food and water. He loved my mom’s dog-I can’t say the dog loved him back just as much because he would just attacked him. Max made sure I exercised everyday because he always wanted to go outside on a stroller ride in the morning which was good for me. He loved being outside-he could be from sun up to sun down everyday! That just meant I couldn’t get much done I felt like. He loved playing with his cousin “Ili” (Eli), so we spent a lot of time with him all week.

Here are a few cute pictures from throughout the week!
I put him to bed at 7:30 at night-which was nice-but I was pretty exhuasted myself by that time. But I guess it's just preparing me-in about 2 months I can't quite imagine how I am going to feel with my life changing quite a bit with a new baby and of course lack of sleep. I am praying for a good sleeper! please. I guess I can thank Max for keeping me entertained this week while Jesse was away so I was never alone. Now I really just want Jesse back home..Hopefully he'll write a little something about his adventures in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment