Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tune in Tokyo!

So, Marissa has asked that I, Jesse, write a little something about my recent trip to Japan. I was able to spend a few days in the Land of the Rising Sun as part of a school assignment. We visited a few companies, saw a few cultural sites, and ate some great food. Rather than tell a bunch of boring stories, I'd like to just show a few pictures. Here you go:

This is a very large Buddha. Makes Big Buddha from Fox 13 look like a shrimp.



Yes. I rode the bullet train. Yes. It was fast.


This is the group visiting a Japanese manufacturing company.


These deer roam the streets of Nara, an ancient capital of Japan. I've lived in a third-world country and these deer smell and look worse than any stray dog I ever encountered. 


This is the Golden Palace or Pavilion, I can't remember which one. It's plated in gold. Pretty cool.


I guarantee you've never heard anyone sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" as well as Patrick and I. Real Japanese Karaoke.


Shrine of 1,000 gates. There were more like 100,000. They wind their way up a mountain. When we reached the top, we got lost and started our own little adventure in the Japanese mountains. Eventually found our way back to the hotel.


This is Tokyo. It's endless city no matter where you look. 30 million people in the Tokyo area.


This is the Rock Garden. Zen Buddhism was born here. We had a very peaceful experience here. I enjoyed it.


This is dinner with the group. Okanamiyaki is something like a large pancake. The chef cooked them on the large grill right in front of us. They were nummy. I got pretty good with the chop sticks.

So, there you have it. I had a great time. The food was awesome, and the people were too. Hopefully Marissa and I will be able to go back someday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment