Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Weekend.

Well its no surprise that we spent our Easter weekend down in Kaysville! (soon enough we will live closer if not in Kaysville) I was woken up at 4 AM Thursday morning and was called into work on about 4 hours of sleep...and I worked two 12 hour shifts Thursday and Friday-they sure get harder to do the more pregnant I get! 
Saturday we planned on helping my mom take out the wood fence post in her back yard so we can re-do the fence since it got destroyed in the wind storm back in the fall. The project turned into an all day event! From about 10 AM to 6 PM. None of us knew what we were getting ourselves into! We had to jackhammer cement and dig down about 3 feet through cement and dirt. We were exhausted at the end of the day...and the next day we sure felt it! Our hands felt like the were bruised and our arms and backs were sore. I basically felt like I got hit by a truck then laid on the asphalt for a couple hours for my arms to get a nice burn line from my shirt and gloves. Kirk said I looked like an nice striped colored Easter Egg. But thankfully that part is now done and they are closer to getting a new fence put in!
Sunday we spent the whole day together again with a good breakfast and dinner, going to church, dyeing Easter eggs the old school way-so my hands were dyed as well but I just can't ever give up the tradition of coloring eggs!, and of course a small Easter egg hunt for mostly Eli and Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment