Thursday, July 25, 2013

update on life..mostly Corbin.

Oh man, I have been so bad at updating the blog...I have been putting it off and then the more I do the more I don't want to because I don't really know where to start. (maybe cause I take way too many pictures I know what to do with) But I know this is important as a journal for us so I have to make myself update..and be better at it. I haven't updated with Corbin since his one year and he is actually 14 months today-just noticed that. So I'll of course start with him..

The older he gets the more goofy and fun he is. He face expressions kill me sometimes and he I think knows he can be funny as well. He is always making funny noises and even gives us tummy blows sometimes...ha! On July 8 was the first time I saw him try and actually walk! Jesse saw him a few days before take a few steps. I tried to make him before but he showed no interest at all and would just sit down. He randomly started doing it by himself. He took some good falls at first but got right back up and was pretty proud of himself. He still doesn't walk all the time but I feel like everyday he does a little more-but he definitely can now and can walk across a whole room just fine. He is still wobbly and unsteady but is slowly getting better! I think he prefers crawling right now still because its faster for him and he doesn't have to take all the falls-he gets frustrated when he falls a lot.

My child definitely loves to eat and some say that he is even a bottomless pit...both Jesse and I might have something to do with why he loves food so much. He loves fruit! His absolute favorites are blueberries and grapes but he will pretty much eat anything. He is really into feeding himself and even now wants to try with the spoon and boy it can get really messy...like take a bath after every time we eat. (or just stick him under the sink for a good rinse off (: ) He loves to be outside and his favorite thing is to ride on his toy car-obsessed with that thing. We go on walks with it around the block whenever its not way too hot. He has a little obsession with shoes as well. I think it might be because he knows we put them on before we go outside? Too bad it gets too hot to be out there during most of the day.

We went through a rough patch there for a while...which seems to be a trend we have. I was tempted to vent about it on here but knew it wouldn't be the best thing and I was hoping it would soon pass haha He just can be hard sometimes. It can be hard being a mom. It can be exhausting and overwhelming. (yes and I only have one kid-but he sure does keep me busy) I felt like it was a little over a month where he was just always needy and not the happiest little boy he could be-which I know some kids just have there days but his were more than not. He was always wanting to be held and could never just play by himself and be content. I was started to feel bad for him...and myself. I started to think that it was just who he is and the way he is. We joke around and sometimes say "Oh life of a baby is so hard" but when I really think about it I guess it can be sometimes. I can tell that Corbin is a smart kid and he definitely knows what he wants and he gets easily frustrated when he can't communicate or do/get what he wants. I have tried the signing with him to see if that would help so he wouldn't get so frustrated but it wasn't going anywhere. ha He is now able to communicate a little better with what he wants and I definitely think it is helping. I also think the fact that two of his big teeth in the back popped through and they were bleeding at times-that could make you not feel very good...and give him reason to act the way he was. Of course we still have bad days and even weeks but I try to have a positive attitude and sadly I have had to set my expectations a little lower. I notice the days I don't expect to get much done go a lot smoother for both of us. :) Some days we have a lot of fun together and he's just by little buddy and sidekick! :) Wouldn't change it!
As far as other updating...well lets be honest..we don't do a whole lot. Jesse works a ton during the summer with his long hours and on his days off we usually either have a list of things to get done (mostly around the house) or we just like to relax together. I feel like most of those days have been filled with trying to get our dang grass to grow green! We have had problems since the snow as melted and now its almost August and our grass is now barely looking green but sadly most of it is just the stupid crab grass. Can you tell we are a little bitter towards the subject. Jesse is actually out fixing the sprinklers as I sit here. He has tried fixing/repairing/replacing them too many times for one summer. I feel bad-all he wants is a nice lawn. You live and learn!
I have been still trying to run with my mom-usually 3 days a week and its about the only time I exercise now. My motivation and energy have been suffering lately. I need another race to get me going again...and I might just sign up for my first half-I need something to help me out here! ha But I enjoy being able to exercise with my mom..even though I don't enjoy the getting up early part but its worth it to spend time with her!
We are slowly trying to get the house sput together..I know we have lived here plenty long enough but I keep putting somethings off because they can wait and I don't want to deal with them. ha! I repainted an entertainment center that took me way too long and we are now getting new couches for the family room so I am hoping to get that room all put together nicely. Finish organizing and decorating slowly.
Well, that's basically our life lately. I know of course I am forgetting the little things and hopefully I will be better updating now!
photo bomb!
He loves to climb in and out of this drawer..it makes me nervous
 
He climbed up on the chair to try to get into the bath tub by himself.
loved his new toy he got--I love garage sales.
Its very rare that I can walk into his room without him waking right up...had to take a picture
playing peek a boo in the crib
playin in the tub..opening and shutting the door
2nd time ever falling asleep eating..
he knew their was food on the oven and begged for it.
feeding himself
he's obsessed with this hat..crawls all over the house just like this.
one of our many walks-loves to run his hands through the weeds.
trampoline place. he actually enjoyed it. 
still loves sunglasses
goofy smile that I had to cut myself out because I looked even more goofy..
brushing his teeth to brushing his hair
 
had to buy him is own hat that fit a little better..
yes, I had to carry him in this because he just wanted to be held all day long. Didn't last long he was too heavy.
wrestling on the ground
forgot why is wasn't too happy
new puzzle he has been playing with alot..another garage sale item. :)
He insisted that I put his shoes on over his jambes
Playin with Daddy's tools.

1 comment: