Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Change is happening.

Well, it looks like it is really happening this time…we are moving to Vegas for Jesse's job. I say this time because actually in the last year or so he has been offered to go work out to state a couple times but just hasn't felt like it was quite right. We then decided that maybe it is ok for us to stay working here but that we should move down closer to work-Jesse commute wasn't the best…in the summer he can work really late sometimes and not make it home till close to 10 and in the winter when a snow storm hits it can take him over 2 hours to get to work. Typically it takes him about 45 minutes..which still is close to then 2 more hours away from us. It was hard with the days Jesse would basically never see Corbin. Anyways we were getting close to finding something closer to work but then we talked again about an opportunity for him out of state. We decided to stay put in our house and wait and see when the right opportunity would come-which was said to be possibly 6 months to a year ish? not really knowing for sure…well I think it happen in about 2 months!
This is a great opportunity for Jesse to move up in positions. He wasn't able to really move up in Utah and we know that he has a lot more potential then what his job was-not that it wasn't a good job-it was a great job! But Jesse just has more in him then where is was. He will be the general manager of the camping world store in Vegas. When I say Vegas-its basically the most southern part of the valley before you leave…from the map it literally looks like the last building before you hit just dessert. So I am not quite sure where we are going to live but its looking like the south west area-we want close to work of course!
Jesse was told about this job Friday at work-he came home Friday night and I could tell he had something to tell me. He asked if I wanted the good news or bad news first…I said "are the one in the same?" and sure enough he was telling me they offered him that position. He said they wanted him down Tuesday to start training/working, and for him to look for a place to live, and then move down the following week and start working full time. When Jesse told me this I was a little in shock! uh…you want me to be packed up, moved, and living in Vegas in a week and a half?!? All Jesse said was its going to work out!…uh ok…? (just keep a smile on my face..ha)
Thankfully he had a few more chats with his boss and we will have a little more time to work things out as far as moving down there…but we will have to live away from each other these next couple weeks as he drives/flies down there and back to start working since they needed him right away.
So like I said this is a great opportunity for Jesse, he is way excited to be getting this position and knows it will be good for our family-especially in the long run. We might not want to be living away from our families but this job is a stepping stone (we hope) for our future and where he is going. Thankfully I have been at ease…or maybe just denial? ok I think its more denial…as I sit here thinking I really should be starting to pack up my home but I somehow am finding myself not doing that yet…I guess I don't know where to start? (I feel like we have a lot of stuff) And I can even admit I have gone shopping in the last day-when why would I want more stuff to just pack? 
Yes I am sad to be leaving and moving away but I am also happy for this opportunity and know it will work out. It will definitely be hard. I hate thinking about being away from family and friends but I know Jesse and I and our little family will grow closer together! And thankfully we will only live 6 hours away-I can drive that in a half a day! :)
I am a little nervous about the whole move since I have never lived outside of Utah…and yes I can say I have enjoyed my "bubble" I guess. I get nervous about liking my neighborhood and feeling like its a good place to raise a young family. But I have heard many times and know that usually the members and wards will be great. I know I am being very blessed right now and I need to just stay positive! I might be a little nervous about having my second child down there in June when its nice and hot away from family-but Heavenly Father knows whats best for us! And I love that I know that! :)
So here's to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment