Friday, November 6, 2015

Primary Chorister

I have mean meaning to write a little something about my church calling as being the Primary Chorister basically since I got the calling...but now that the program is over I figured it really time to write my thoughts down. When I first got called I will admit I was a little freaked out about the calling because I had only had like 2 months in primary as a teacher and then the last time I was around primary was when I was young in primary. I had no idea how the chorister did things and I had no idea where to even start. I was happy to accept the calling and knew it would all work out but I can't say I was a little nervous...or terrified the first month or so. ha! But once I got the hang of the kids and what they liked, what songs they knew, and what I was suppose to do--well I still don't know if I do it like other choristers but I have learned there is no right or wrong way. And I seriously don't know how people did things before the internet ha! Some times the calling still stressing me out and it definitely can be exhausting by the end of church with going into two nursery as well as doing singing time twice in primary.
Anyways this calling has been so great (not saying it isn't hard/challenging) and I know I was meant to be called as the primary chorister at this time. I love how much the music influences me and I have totally noticed how much it has influence Corbin. Right around the same time I was called I randomly found the Children's hymn CD at a thrift store and started listening to it. To have our family listening to that music more than we would if I wasn't called as chorister has been great for us. Music has such an impact on everyone. Corbin picks up on everything and loves to sing the songs. If I switch it to the radio he used to get mad and want me to switch it back. But he also asked so many questions with what he hear with music--so the radio of course isn't the greatest to try to explain what some things mean..but I love when he asks a bunch of questions about the church songs. --well I can't say I always love it...the kid thinks about things that I feel like most 3 year olds don't-for example like the song Hinges.."Mom what are hinges? Why are they going to crack" Am I going to crack?" But we have also had good discussions about many other gospel principles that I don't even pay attention to but he picks up on. He makes me really think about the message in the songs and learn about them more! When I was younger in primary of course I didn't pay attention to the songs that close-I just knew which ones were my favorite and sang them but now I am learning a new appreciation for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment