Thursday, October 20, 2011

I read a book! Thank You Ellen.

Today I read an entire book!...no not just a children's or picture book. Like an actual book. I think it had like over 200 pages. Well I know thats not very long..But I read a book. Shocker I know. I hate reading. I don't just read for fun. I only read when I have to-like for school which is probably what ruined it for me. But I read this entire book-my own free will and choice. No one can usually convince me to read any book..yeah I have never read Harry Potter or the Twilight series or anything like that. I am pretty sure I tried but after a couple pages..or a chapter or two if I was lucky..I would put it down and just never pick it back up to read. There are a few books in my life I guess that I have read cover to cover. Mostly in the 2nd grade when I enjoyed it..but that enjoyment of reading left quickly. I don't know if I can say I read an entire book in high school or college. I am hoping I will find that joy of reading again soon. But it might be when I have many children and don't even have time for it anyways. sad. But back to the fact that I read an entire book today in one sitting. And it might be due to the fact that I sit for over 8 hours at my job..and when its a slow day....Which my job ends in the next week and I desperately need a new job but who knew Logan was the worst place to get a job. Anways so why am I writing about me reading a book? Well because I need to remember these time when I did enjoy reading.
So Ellen Degeneries in great. If you didn't know. I might not agree with all her views but for the most part she has good thoughts. I enjoy listening and watching her show. And I found out today that her book is quite entertaining as well. I was working in Sams Club and wondered over to the book section and it caught my eye. And I might feel a little guilty about reading an entire book without paying for it. But I don't have a Sam's Club card.
I not only laughed while reading it but I have a desire to be a better happier person after reading this book. Ha yeah I think it's funny that I am saying that as well..but go ahead-if you have time and need an Ellen Degeneries entertaining kind of book-read it yourself and enjoy! :) I love her kind of humor. I could watch her show ever day if I was home to. Seriously though..I am not kidding! Thank You Ellen for publishing a book that I can say I read the whole thing and enjoyed it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha! This made me laugh for so many different reasons which are below:
    1) you read a whole book and
    2) you write about it as if you deserve an award
    3) you read it without paying for it! What does Jesse think of that?!

    Good for you! See reading can be enjoyable. BTW didn't you finish the book you borrowed from me?

    ReplyDelete