Sunday, June 9, 2013

Quick trip to St. George

We decided to take a quick trip down to St. George because Jesse got Memorial Day off. We just went from Sunday to Tuesday. I have not been on a trip since I have had Corbin well besides up to Bear Lake maybe? Anyways I was in need of a little get-a-away..just to have some fun away from home. 
Jesse had to work Saturday--and we did Corbin's party Saturday night-so we left Sunday morning. I must say I was really worried about how Corbin would do driving down there. I know its not way far..but he hates the car and starts to fuss within 20 minutes of being in the car if not sooner. So I was hoping that he would maybe just take a good long nap in the car...but it did not quite happen even though I thought maybe there would be a possibility if we left around nap time.. Nope. He slept 30 minutes and hated the rest of the car ride basically. But with only one stop to play at the park and eat lunch we made it to St. George-even though it wasn't the pleasant car ride...it could have been worse.
My Grandparents just recently moved down there and it was quite nice to be able to stay with them! I think they enjoyed us there as well! ;) My Grandma is so cute and spoiled us. She had us a cute little welcome sign and she even put mints under our pillows! And she made us delicious strawberry waffles for breakfast which you have to put ice cream and whipped cream on at Grandma's house! And I shouldn't just being saying Grandma is was definitely Grandpa too-all of that was probably his idea and doing right?..
Corbin enjoyed playing with Grandpa...but maybe because he allowed him to just crawl out into the street... ;)
This was a talking parrot and it would repeat what you said in a funny parrot voice...as you can tell we enjoyed it.
Anyways we mostly just wanted to relax down there and didn't plan much. We went on a little hike that we decided will be fun to go back to again when we have more kids as well. It had little pools of water once you got into the canyon that most kids would swim in. Corbin enjoyed playing in the water even though I wasn't prepared for him to get wet..oh well. It was a perfect little beautiful hike though!
My Grandparents had not been up to the Dixie rock so we did the little hike up there to look out on the city with them.
(Hopefully I will get these pictures from my Grandma soon...)
It was so nice to be able to go down to St. George and see my Grandparents and have that short little vacation and get out a bit! :) Especially now thats its summer and Jesse works a lot its nice to get that time to spend all together! :)
And of course if we stopped at that Chevron Corbin had to get his first picture on the big rocking chair! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment